Step 1: Flip over a storage basket. Step 2: Place round disc on top. Step 3: Secure top to the base. In three easy moves, you've got yourself a quick and budget piece of furniture. (It doesn't get much easier than that.) Powder-coated wire makes them modern and light. All the negative space keeps things looking easy and airy.
1. Above, white wire pairs nicely with a small round wooden top, made by Oleander & Palm.
2. The Makerista created a baby-friendly coffee table from a wire basket she found at Target, then topped with a round wood circle she cut herself.
3. Jenni of I Spy DIY made a little side table using a wire basket (again, found at Target) and a pre-cut wooden circle from the hardware store. With a little spray paint, she added a little color and ombre effect. The whole project cost $30 from start to finish.
4. Emily Henderson create this custom table with a wire base she found at the flea market, and a glass top, for Good Housekeeping.
5. Fans of Ferm Living will recognize their popular wire basket, which sells for 58€, and has popped up all over the design blogosphere. Here, Wohnidee combines it with a plain white table top for an instant living room occasional table.