Step 1: Lie the fabric on pieces of aluminum foil. Brush fabric stiffener onto fabric and smooth out and bubbles or wrinkles. Let dry completely, then peel off the foil.
Step 2: Sketch lion or any design you like onto a piece of paper and cut it out. The fabric stiffener will prevent the fabric from unraveling. Trace shapes onto the back of the stiffened fabric. Cut out fabric shapes.
Step 3: Cut a small scrap of cardboard smaller than the mirror. Punch two holes and tie a string through holes. Glue cardboard onto the back of the mirror using a strong adhesive.
Step 4: Glue the fabric to the mirror. I cut a circle into the lion's mane and glued the fabric on front of the mirror to hide the edges of the mirror. Be sure to let everything dry completely, then hang it up!
(Images: Katie Steuernagle)
MORE NURSERY DIYs ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• 10 DIY Glider & Rocker Makeovers
• How To Make a Merry Go Round Book Caddy
• How To Make Dreamy Indoor "Clouds"
• Make Your Own Crib Sheets
• Make It Yours: DIY Kids Table Makeovers
• Before & After: A Slipcovered Sponge Chair
• How To Make a Bean Bag Chair