These simple DIYs are a great way to enhance your backyard, patio or window nook, without spending an arm and a leg on pots. Your flower pots will look pretty, even in the off season when your plants aren’t quite as sprightly.
The colorblock trend is popping up in garden decor and you don't have to be an artist to get the look. Check out these links for tutorials:
1. Color Block Terra Cotta Pots, A Beautiful Mess
2. Neon Dipped Teacher Gifts, hellobee
3. Color Dipped Pots, Wit & Whistle
A plant is a great housewarming or hostess gift, and the personal touch of a hand-painted pot makes it that much more special. Make a few for yourself and some extras to store away as gifts.
4. Potted Herb Favors, The Sweetest Occasion
5. Chalkboard Pots, Martha Stewart
The addition of painters tape, stamps and stencils opens up the option of some awesome geometric designs.
6. Gold Patterned Cactus Planters, Brit + Co.
7. Geometric Painted Pots, Marry This
8. Garden Pot Pick-Me-Up, Design Sponge
Not into painting projects? Add some texture with fabric swatches or jute.
9. Fabric Wrapped Pots, Christine Chitnis
10. Decorating a Pot with Jute, V and Co.
(Images: as credited above)