Headboards can be a big statement piece in your bedroom, but they usually set you back a small fortune. Here are some do-it-yourself headboard ideas to help you create the perfect look for your bedroom without spending tons of money. If you have the right materials sitting around some of them can be done in an afternoon while some of the others take a little longer, but they all have big results.
1. Industrial Chic (Slide 2): HGTV brings us this glamorous headboard that is simply cut from a large piece of corrugated sheet metal that could be purchased at any home improvement store and cut into any shape you want.
2. Upholstered Nailhead Trim Headboard: From Casa Sugar, an upholstered nailhead trim headboard can be made for a fraction of the price of one you would buy. By making it yourself, you can choose a fabric that matches your style and decor perfectly.
4. Bright Lights, Big Statement: With this interesting headboard from DIY Ideas you get a two for one: mood lighting and a headboard. I like the big statement this makes, while still looking cozy and inviting.
5. Rustic Romance (Slide 3): From HGTV, this headboard made from two old doors creates an instant rustic look that looks great with the clean, white room. This one has had me eyeing the pile of beautiful old doors in my basement.
6. Patchwork Headboard: This patchwork fabric headboard from Better Homes and Gardens is a great way to add some pattern a room that may be lacking. For those of us with more fabric lying around than we know what to do with, this would be a good way to use scraps from other projects.
7. Door Headboard: Martha Stewart brings us another headboard made from a door but this one is a more clean and classic look. It requires a tool or two and probably a trip to the hardware store, but the finished project makes the extra effort well worth it.
8. Pretty Ribbons: This headboard from DIY Ideas is one of the cheaper and easier ones but the end result is just as great. Wide ribbon is woven over a wooden frame to create a unique headboard in no time. You could do it in a bright color to really make an impact in the room.