Have some old buckets but need some side tables? You just may appreciate this simple DIY project you could make in an afternoon that will leave you with some upcycled buckets turned side tables that you can design and paint in any color or pattern that you please!
What you need
2 old paint buckets
ruler and a pencil
dowels ( 1 1/4)
piece of plywood (24 inches x 48 inches x 3/4 )
Project cost: About $25 Total time: 3 hours
1. Cut the bottom of the plastic bucket with a saw, one at 3 inches and a second at 1 1/2 in. Try to cut as straight as possible. Once it's done, sand the edge.
2. Cut the dowel to make the feet. You will need 3 pieces x 25in. long
4. Now, you can screw feet with buckets. The largest on the top, with dowels inside the bucket. Then +/- 14in. below the smallest piece.
5. Time to make the tray, cut a 20 inch diameter circle in a triplex panel. I used a jigsaw. If you don't have one, you can make your panel cut at your hardware store.
6. To make the drawing, just stick masking tape on the trays and paint with a roller paint. When the paint is dry, remove the tape.
7. All that remains is to fix the tray with the feet. Place the tray upside down on the floor and put feet on it (upside down too). Measure to center the feet on the panel and screw the base and the tray together.
Thanks to Ama Ryllis of Ohoh Blog for this project!
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.