Farmhouse tables have been a hot item for a while now and because of that they have become quite pricey. Why not create your own using repurposed materials and add the patina with your own family? Find out how it's done after the jump.
I love the idea of creating your own table that can develop a patina that comes from your family and experiences. By building your own farmhouse table you can start down the path of having a cherished heirloom piece right now.
Monica describes her steps to creating this great table:
1. Acquire a table or two to be the foundation (aka find an old junky table)
2. Plan the length and width of your new farmhouse table
3. Build a Sub-frame from cheapy wood
4. Choose planks for the table top
5. Cut, Cut, Cut
6. Determine the layout of the table top boards (kind of like a puzzle)
• Read More? Check out Real Housewives of BC for the rest of the tutorial.
(Image: Real Housewives of BC)