Stuck with a few ugly dressers and a small yard the folks over at Diggers List decided to turn the drawers into a raised bed container garden.
This is an easy project that uses simple materials:
• two or more 2×4 or 2×6 boards in the length necessary to allow you to lean against a fence, house or another structure at a 45-60 degree angle
• additional 1×4 or 2×4 scraps or boards to make brackets for the drawers to slide into – 4 per drawer
• 2×4 to cut as cross bracing to go below each dresser drawer
• dresser drawers
• deck or long drywall screws
• table saw or circular saw
• power drill/screwdriver
An easy day project the tutorial provided on Diggers List is comprehensive and easy to follow. I can't wait to try it out!
(Images: Diggers List)