I've seen lots of wood shim mirror projects out there but this one really is my favorite. It combines the modern look of a sunburst mirror with an aged patina. And get this: she only spent $26! Check out how she did it at Crazy Wonderful after the jump.Here's what you'll need.
- existing round mirror (hers was a 20" el cheapo bought at Target year ago)
- 8 packages of 18" long wood shims ($3.25/pkg at Home Depot)
- piece of wood for the back of the sunburst (hers was a scrap piece of plywood ~ 20x20)
- Wood glue
- Gorilla glue
- Primer spray paint (she used white)
- Glaze (she used Lowes Valspar metal & patina glaze in pewter)
- paint brush for glaze
- hanging hardware (she took the hardware off the round mirror and reused it)
Get the full instructions for how you can create this cool mirror over at Crazy Wonderful.
(Images: Crazy Wonderful)