Metal contact paper or shelf liners are fantastic for completely transforming furniture and even appliances. It's also very practical when you need a wipeable surface like a backsplash for the stove or a tabletop free of crayon marks.
Rather than doing away with a piece of furniture, try refurbishing it. It's eco-friendly and easy on your wallet too.
Backsplash for the stove
Top of kids craft table
Inside of shelving (Photo 1)
Shown above from left to right:
• Mirror Effect Foil Self-Adhesive Contact Paper, from Design Your Wall $185.00
• Metal FX Brushed Nickel Contact Paper, from Interior Place $12.99
• Gold Metal Foil Contact Paper, from Interior Place $14.99
• Stainless Steel - Metal FX 18″ x 6 ft, from Con-Tact $8.99
• Brushed Copper - Metal FX 18″ x 6 ft, from Con-Tact $8.99
MORE METALLIC LOOKS ON APARTMENT THERAPY
• Protect Wall From Grease Stains?
• Color Pairing: Yellow & Gold
• Get the Look: Black and Gold
(Images: As credited above.)