Now that sunshine and warmth have arrived, it's time to start hosting BBQs, parties, and outdoor hangouts. If you're looking for some activities to jumpstart your gatherings, here are ten DIY ideas that will liven up any lawn.
1. Yard Toss Game via A Subtle Revery: Bright colors make this yard toss set even more fun.
2. Giant Jenga via Momoluv on Instructables: If the blocks seem unwieldy, you could also use a rubber mallet to nudge them free.
3. Giant Lawn Matching Game via Studio DIY: With basic cork tiles, spray paint, and Studio DIY's printables, you can have a giant matching game set in no time.
4. Lawn Gnome Bowling Game via Make:: Spend a fun afternoon painting soda bottles and then spend countless fun afternoons knocking your gnomes down.
5. Homemade Kubb Set via Home Depot: Kubb, also called "Swedish chess," is a strategic game in which you throw batons in an attempt to knock over your opponent's kubbs.
1. Yard Yahtzee via Momtastic: Wood blocks, a bucket, and a downloadable score sheet are all you need to get your Yahtzee on. If woodburning is too labor- or tool-intensive for you, consider using paint to make your giant dice.
2. Soda Bottle Lawn Darts via Captain Lawn Darts on Instructables: Not for the faint of heart, these lawn darts up the danger-quotient of any party. Play at your own risk.
3. DIY Lawn Checkers via LilyShop: It's a move of sheer genius to turn basic bucket lids into checkers.
4. Kicking Croquet via Inner Child Fun: Pool noodles find an alternative use in this clever combination of croquet and soccer.
5. Giant Pick-Up Sticks via Nellie Bellie: Yard stakes and paint are all this old-fashioned game takes.
For more DIY game ideas, check out Make It: 5 DIY Lawn Games.