If you're looking for a thoughtful and fun gift, look no further. Ioana's project is a simple, unexpected, and customizable.
Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: 1 hour
Project Cost: $10-20
What You Need
- Beer coasters
- Printed photos
- Clear self-adhesive foil
- Cardstock, red and white
- Bakers twine
- Edge rounder (punch)
- Eyelet setter
- Scoring board with bone folder
- Cut the photos as big as the coasters and round their edges.
- Glue the photos on the coasters and then put the foil on them, the cards will last longer.
- Cut the foil to fit the cards.
- For the cards I also crafted a box. I glued red cardstock on white one (so it is stronger). The box is made from a piece of 11 x 12 inch cardstock, folded with my scoring board and measures 7.5 inches (length) by 3.75 inches (width) by 1.75 inches (height). I also glued a little divider in the middle, so that the cards won't slide back and forth. The box is being closed with my preferred seal (a circle with an eyelet and bakers twine).
You can see more of this project on Ioana's blog Miss Red Fox.
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.
(Image credits: Submitted by Ioana)