Feeling the Mid Century itch but not totally ready to splurge on a new piece? June, of Nostalgiecat, has an easy-ish fix, this super cute DIY Credenza.
Skill Level: Moderate
Time Required: 2 Days
Project Cost: under $150
What You Need
- Ply wood
- Peg board
- Furniture legs and fixing brackets
- Flush door handles
- Sliding door gear
- Sticky back vinyl
- Spray paints
- Wood Wax
- Drill and bits
- Measuring tape
- Sand paper
- Cut the plywood and make a "box" in the size you want your credenza to be.
- Spray-paint all the elements as you see fit.
- Install the sliding door gear inside the front of the wooden box.
- Cut to size and install the peg-board sliding doors.
- Fit the furniture legs on the bottom of your box.
- Fit the flush door handles on your sliding doors.
- Cover the top of your credenza with sticky back vinyl for a glossy smooth finish.
- Treat any raw wood with clear wax.
You can hop over to Nostalgiecat for more instructions.
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.
(Image credits: Submitted by June; Submitted by June)