Whatever you favorite shade might be (pink, red, red-orange or more), if you've been looking for something to bring just the right pop of color into your modern bedroom but weren't sure what color should do it, we humbly ask you to consider something in the red family. And because nightstands are (usually) such small and simple pieces of furniture, plenty of DIY and before & after ideas abound. In fact, wouldn't just a "floating" piece of painted wood in your favorite red color be a really awesome modern, affordable and space-saving solution? More ideas:
1) Sam and Anne totally found the shape of a nightstand they loved and had it powder-coated in a neon, pinkish-orange color for a stunning effect.
2) Emily of Merrypad's bedroom features a lot of crisp white and dark wood and a perfect modern pop of red with a nightstand.
3) Ana White features a DIY side table project, Rolling C End Table or Sofa Table, that would be great in red (as shown!).
4) Of course you could always just search for pre-made natural wood nightstands or a DIY project that is made out of wood, like the Ana White Super Easy but a Little Tricky Ladder Table Plans, and paint it your perfect pink or red hue.
5) Those who aren't any good with tools or making things by hand shouldn't worry, there are plenty of great pre-made red nightstands available for purchase today. Four we particularly like:
(Images: As credited above)