Add herbs to your flower arrangements.
Herb season is in full swing, and I've been adding them to my meals, water, and baked goods. I've also found that they make for lovely and inexpensive decorations for casual get-togethers. Here are 5 DIY inspirations for your next outdoor party.
1. Add herbs to your flower arrangements. They smell wonderful and make for a great filler.
2. Make natural herbal insect repellent bundles using mint, lavender and sage. You can add them to the edge of your fire pit or burn them in a fire-resistant tray. DIY from Melissa Caughey for HGTV Gardens.
3. Tie them onto votives. They make for a pretty and thrifty tabletop decorations. DIY from Design*Sponge.
4. Wrap them up with twine for a simple place card. DIY from Cedarwood Weddings for Style Me Pretty.
5. Use them to make fresh garland. DIY from The Flair Exchange.
(Image credits: Kate Legere; HGTV Gardens; Tinywater; Kristyn Hogan; The Flair Exchange)