Earlier this week, I showed you my newly renovated sink and backsplash area in my kitchen. If you're interested in learning how to remove and install your own sink, follow these steps to complete the process yourself!
What You Need
- A new kitchen sink that fits both width, length and depth of the existing space
- Plumber's putty
- Your brand new sink!
If you require wooden shim spacers to hold heavy sink:
- Drill and bits
- Wooden pieces of the correct size
- Crescent wrench
- A scraper of some kind for caulk and putty
Remove the old sink:
1. Turn off the water valves under the sink and disconnect lines from the wall valves.
2. Unplug the garbage disposal and disconnect the drain lines at the U-shaped trap.