One of our favorite design/decor blogs, Bodie and Fou, recently posted some gorgeous DIY project ideas: an easy 'Inside Out' bathroom cabinet; simple clothespin string lights; an oversize contemporary art piece; and an industrial pallet coffee table...• 'Inside Out' Bathroom Cabinet: you'll need to translate this page to get the full instructions, but they provide you with a PDF with the design on it.
• Simple Clothespin String Lights: again, page translation needed.
• Industrial Pallet Coffee Table: no instructions given, but we think it looks pretty straightforward. Anyone tried it?
• DIY Oversize Contemporary Art Piece: BODIE and FOU have translated the instructions for us:
- Buy a large piece of MDF from your local DIY store (not too thin so it doesn't bend, I reckon 2.5 cm thick as a minimum should do the trick but go thicker if you can afford it).
- Paint the board with magnetic blackboard paint.
- Buy stencils from your local art supplies shop or online or magnetic letters and then make your own meaningful sentence like 'Today is the perfect day for a perfect day' which I read somewhere but can't remember where (sorry!) My experience is that you can get alphabet stencils with the CargoD font at a relatively small cost but it's a bit too bulky for my taste. If like me, you prefer a more contemporary & creative font like Arial ou courier, it's going to cost the earth especially if you want the letters to be big like on this board. So I suggest you type each letter you need on your computer to the size you want, print them and spend some time cutting them out to make your own stencil.
See BODIE and FOU for more details.