Cozy up with a fabulous furry pillow at a fraction of the retail cost. Just a half yard of faux fur yields two of these fuzzy accents!
Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: 30 minutes
Project Cost: $15
What You Need
- 1/2 yard faux fur
- Rotary cutter or utility knife
- Measuring tape
- Needle & thread or sewing machine
1. Fold your faux fur in half the short way. Cut in half by slicing the backing with a rotary cutter or utility knife, then pulling the fur apart. Each panel will create one pillow.
2. Fold each panel in half the short way, right sides together.
3. Sew three of the sides together, leaving a hole in the fourth side big enough for your hand.
Tip: If you're having trouble sewing the seams by machine, try hand basting first or use a walking foot instead of a general purpose foot.
4. Turn the pillow right side out, stuff with stuffing, and sew up the opening with a needle and thread. Use a large needle to pull out any fur that gets pulled into the seam.
See all of this month's do-it-yourself projects over at
28 Days of DIY Home Decor!
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.
More posts in this series
28 Days of DIY Home Decor
(Image credits: Sarah Gullett)