Is your bedside bare? Make yourself a sleek little side table in an afternoon, using some mid-century chic hairpin legs and two IKEA magazine files!
Skill Level: Moderate
Time Required: 4 hours plus overnight drying
Project Cost: $50
What You Need
- 2 IKEA Knuff magazine files
Liquid nail Perfect Glue
2 - 4 hairpin legs
Glidden white primer
Painter's Touch white paint
Minwax Polyshades sealer in Honey
1. Stain the magazine files and glue them together to create the top of the nightstand. Let set and dry for 30 minutes.
2. If using plywood, measure and cut 2 pieces to 19.75" x 12". Glue together to form a plywood base, and let it dry for 30 minutes.
3. Prime and paint the plywood base and magazine files white. Let dry for 30 minutes.
4. Glue the base to the bottom of the magazine file "shelf" and allow to set for 30 more minutes.
5. Attach the legs to the plywood with glue. Allow the entire piece to set overnight.
Thanks, Shoestring Chick!
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.