Want a cool, custom pet bed that matches your mid century aesthetic? Kat & Cam share how they made this bed for their chihuahua (it's a tad small for the big guy above!).
Skill Level: Moderate
Time Required: 2 hours
Project Cost: $50
What You Need
- Pine plywood
- 4 legs & brackets (this project uses angled brackets, but you can use flat if preferred)
- Wood glue
- Cushion or pillow
1. Cut your plywood (or have it cut at a home improvement store) into pieces for a three-sided box. Use the dimensions of your cushion or pillow as a starting point. Or you know, your dog...
2. Screw together the sides and back of the bed to the bottom. For extra security, use wood glue before screwing.
3. Paint your legs and bed. Let dry completely.
4. Attach the brackets to the bottom of the bed, and then attach the legs.
5. Add your cushion, and you're done!
Thanks, Kat & Cam!
See all of this month's do-it-yourself projects over at
28 Days of DIY Home Decor!
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.
More posts in this series
28 Days of DIY Home Decor
(Image credits: Our Nerd Home)