Sweet and simple: make these minimal bud vases with reused glass jars and spray paint.
Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: 1 hour
Project Cost: $10
What You Need
- 3-5 mix-and-matched glass jars, clean and sticker-free
- Painters or masking tape
- White spray paint (glossy finish optimal)
- Wine bottle or other cylindrical object
1. Clean jars of all stickers and labels. Let them dry completely.
2. Completely tape off the part of the jars you don't want to painted, and make sure there are no holes or bumps in the tape that would let spray paint through.
3. Prop jar upside down on a wine bottle or other cylindrical object and spray paint, making sure to evenly coat the jar without overspraying (which will cause drips).
4. Let dry, remove tape, then clean up the line of paint with an X-Acto knife if you need to. Fill with plants and enjoy in your home!
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.
More posts in this series
28 Days of DIY Home Decor
(Image credits: Thou Swell)