I have to admit, I've never really thought of the ceiling as something you can DIY. Christina proves that you not only can, you can do it beautifully. And while this project may not be for the DIY-faint of heart, it can definitely provide some inspiration.
Skill Level: Moderate
Time Required: Weekend
What You Need
- Tongue and groove wood planks
- Wood stain
- Crown molding
- Build a frame on the wall out of 2x4s.
- Stain the wood planks ahead of time.
- Fasten the tongue and groove wood planks to the frame.
- Finish off with crown molding.
Head on over to Christina's blog for detailed instructions with photos.
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.