Shabby Nest is one of the many sites we lurk around, reading but not participating. If this were an actual place and not just an address in cyberspace, they would've noticed us this weekend, obsessively reading the entries to the Frugal Friday Linky Party, a monthly smorgasboard of DIY's submitted by handy folks around the blogosphere. We've noted a few you might want to try your hand at...
- IsabelleandMaxRooms pencil adorned vase. Try it with plain pencils, pens, straws or coordinate the colors with your flowers. This is a simple but striking DIY.
- Shanty2Chic's magnet board. We all need one of these in the kitchen to hold recipes, receipts, grocery lists. Coordinate yours to your kitchen's decor.
- YourLittleBirdie's desk blotter was reminiscent of the one in Gregory's office that caught a lot of people's attention.
- MissMustardSeed's ornate mirror becomes a chalkboard. We don't care what you say, chalkboards are classic because they're so useful. This one can move from the kitchen to a bathroom or a bedroom.
- TheGraphicsFairy DIYed these number coasters but don't stop there. Try this technique on kitchen or bathroom tiles.
Don't forget to check out the complete list (79!) of entries this month over on Shabby Nest. And check back next month when there'll be another equally impressive round up (And while you're there, check back through the archives for past Frugal Friday Linky Parties)