It's mid-August in Seattle, which means that the sun is making an appearance more often and glorious dahlias are showing up at farmers markets across the city. These bold blooms come in a seemingly endless variety of shapes, colors and sizes.
I love lugging home a bag full of fresh produce from the market, along with a big bouquet of dahlias — it's an exquisite summer treat, like blackberries picked off the bush or a late-night swim. If you want to preserve these showstopping blooms year-round, here are a few accessories and ideas from Etsy and around the web. Enjoy!
1. A $6 DIY tutorial for this dahlia pillow is available from Etsy seller SewYouCanToo.
2. From a fantastic piece about dahlias right here on Apartment Therapy. Image of the Dahlia Garden in Golden Gate Park by Andrea Scher of Superhero Journal.
3. Turquoise Yarn Wreath and Felt Flower by YarnfeltYarnWreaths, on Etsy.
4. An incredible dahlia lamp by Janne Kyttänen, available at FinnStyle.
5. Dahlia-inspired wallpaper, available in several color combinations, by Jordan Landin.
6. Decorative plates by Etsy seller Hope Johnson.
7. Dahlia pillow by Jakarta-based Kainkain, on Etsy.
8. Make some velvety dahlias for your tabletop with help from Martha Stewart.
9. Get busy with a reusable wall stencil! By Etsy seller Cutting Edge Stencils.
Images: As linked above.