We all instinctively know what patterns are typically "masculine," whether it's plaid, striped, or … well, that might be it. But doesn't anyone want to challenge those narrow boundaries of gender propriety? Men are gardeners, landscape architects, naturalists and outdoorsmen of all kinds — it's hardly a stretch to bring images of verdant nature indoors. After all, there is nothing inherently feminine about leaves and flowers, is there? Here is a roundup of floral and botanical patterns for the green-thumbed guy.
• Organic Seedling duvet and shams from West Elm
• Marimekko Putkinotko fabric (1957)
• Cowhide Floral Rug from The Rug Company
• Larch organic bedding in bark from Unisonhome.com
• Josef Frank Celotocaulis pillow from Just Scandinavian
• Calvin Klein Cottonwood bedding
• Batik bedding by Thomas O'Brien for Target
• Melamine dinner plates by John Derian for Target
• City Scene Bamboo Smoke Bedding from Overstock.com
• Etching Ink Duvet Set from DwellStudio
The Inside Man is our guide to interior style for guys. All summer long we'll be sharing inspirations, ideas and projects. Check out our Inside Man page for more details.