The concept of using the new year to kick off a new habit is as old as time. We're all looking to improve our lives and having an un-ignorable starting line can be a great help to get on board with a self-improvement plan.
If you've already made a tech-centric resolution, let us know in the comments. If not, we suggest these little life improvements:
- Finally get around to labeling your every song in your iTunes library. Completely.
- Organize your DVD, CD or vinyl collection by genre, artist, year or the color of the sleeves.
- Back up everything online or with an external hard drive.
- Wrangle those wires.
- Treat your machine to an upgrade. Add memory or storage for a boost that you'll be thankful for year-round.
- Secure your wireless network.
- Change your online passwords. Making this a habit for every new year can save you stress, time and money if somebody tries to hack your account.
- Enter everyone's birthday into iCal.
- Clean your keyboard. Dust your computer, monitor (don't forget the top!) and mouse. Make a resolution to do this more often!