We constantly lose our keys, despite the fact that we have a nice landing strip with a spot for them. We're better than we used to be (there are only about 3 places we hide them from ourselves now). Like many forgetful people, we have a "Don't Forget" spot in our apartment which keeps us in line. We also found some tips for not losing keys, cell phone, ID, etc on WikiHow. Click below for a few items from the list...
• Make a list of things you can't leave home without (like your purse, wallet, keys, cell phone, etc.)
• Count the items and make sure you have them when you leave the house.
• Use memory tricks for your checklist (e.g. M.I.L.K. for money, ID, lipstick, keys).
• Make a habit of leaving these items in a receptacle by the door.
• Keep a dry erase board by the door with any additional items you need to remember for that day.
• Clean up and organize your home...a place for everything and everything in it's place. (We know...it sounds so easy when it's part of a list. If you need serious help, try the 8-Week Home Cure.)