Here are three numbers you should memorize, and three non-mobile places you should be storing a copy.
Everyone should memorize:
- Their emergency contact's number
- Their parents' number (this could be the same as your emergency contact)
- Their workplace phone number
You should keep a copy of these numbers:
- In your wallet or purse
- In your desk or in a prominent location on your computer
- With your emergency contact
In case of emergency, you should be able to spout your mother and emergency contact's phone number without any thought. When your phone battery dies and you need to make a call, you should be able to pick up a pay phone or borrow a cell and be able to refer to your handy slip of numbers in your wallet.
And if all else fails, come up with a catchy tune.
(Images: Elizabeth Giorgi)