If you've gotten tired of putting your phone on a nearby bedside table for alarm clock duty, then it's time to find a more elegant solution to charge and store your iPhone. There are many solutions to dock your iPhone, but some of our faves are completely low tech...
1. Cdock: This analog dock will charge your iPhone when you slip it into the housing. You can slip in your iPhone on the side, and the resulting dock kind of looks like an old TV. It's available in walnut ($70), black ($55) or aluminum ($60).
2. Alarm Dock: The Alarm Dock was designed by Jonas Damon, and it's basically a low-tech approach to a dock. It looks like an alarm clock, except that it's a hunk of wood made to hold your iPhone. It's available at Velocity for $40.
3. Cherry iPhone Dock/Speaker: This analog speaker and dock combo was created by the Etsy shop Yellowblueglues. It will amplify the speaker of your iPhone to a decent level. It sells for $65.
4. Radio Dock: This dock was designed to look like an old transistor radio. It was also designed by Jonas Damon, creative director of Frog Design.
5. Archetype C3 Desktop Dock: Tech Stands makes this nice-looking stand/dock that will work with any iPhone. It's somewhat more sculptural, and lifts up your phone.
Jonas Damon's Analog Form
The Wonderful World of Wooden Docks
Chris' DIY Dock
(Images: Etsy stores Yellowblueglues and Tech Stands )