We have to admit our shortcomings in the grout-cleaning department. No matter how much eco-friendly cleaner we use, we just can't seem to keep the grout bright white.
Our old trick was to douse it with bleach, turn on the exhaust fan, and leave for the day to escape the fumes.
But now that we've given up that caustic product in an effort to rid our home from dangerous toxins, we're finding that our eco-bleach (made with hydrogen peroxide) just isn't doing the trick.
We have tried Magic Erasers and every other remedy we've read, including upping the elbow grease...but nothing is getting the job done. Yeah, we know, must be a bad stain. It's just this one spot that refuses to shine.
So is eco-bleach really as "powerful" as regular bleach? And do you have any suggestions for a fail-safe grout-gleening that does NOT involve some toxic chemical process?