Where we choose to live — just like what we do or where we come from — influences who we are. So do you use that as design inspiration, or do you leave the city kitsch to the tourists?
There's no denying that Bostonians are proud of their city. While I"m not painting a giant Patriots logo on my bedroom wall, I love the idea of incorporating favorite elements and meaningful places into decor. Here are some fun ways do to that:
1. Add that Vineyard cottage feel to your entry with this key hook in the shape of Massachusetts (most other states also available) from Etsy seller OldNewAgain.
3. Add a dose of kitsch to the kitchen with these city dish towels.
4. Timothy Craig's cartoony style adds a lightness to Back Bay's historic brownstones.
5. Add a different kind of subway tile to your backsplash with custom ceramic tiles from Boston Coasters. Choose any image from a variety of local artists, and they'll screen it on everything from coasters to puzzles.
7. Last but not least, Ork Posters. Fun, graphic, reasonably priced. What's not to love?
Images: as linked above 2:Dan Watkins
• Do You "Represent" In Your Space?