Really small is really
cool. One of the most adorable displays we've ever seen was a doll house bathtub nestled in a flower box. The effect was magical and we felt like the tiny garden gnome might return at any moment for his bath.
Our re-creation here, with a washing machine (and some sad photo manipulation), doesn't feel quite so childlike but the small scale still makes us laugh.
Want some ideas on how to actually use (and not just display) miniatures at home...?
We're not entirely sure all these ideas would work but it's as fun as playing dress-up to think of the possibilities:
• A four poster bed as a mail/keys drop spot
• Tea lights in mix 'n' matched chairs to light an outdoor party
• Cheval mirror near entry for quick lipstick touch-ups
• Fridge on desktop to hold business cards and post-it note alerts
• Area rugs as coasters
Our craziest idea:
• Make a life-size kitchen back splash by sealing sheets of hard wood flooring
• Keep toothbrushes or shavers in a shower stall
Photo: Mini garden pic by Two Green Thumbs;
All doll house pics by DeJoux Miniatures