When I used a Good Question about a chair as an excuse to rail against the common use of "grandma" as an insult and propose "Dolores Umbridge" as a far preferable replacement, one commenter mused that now they really wanted to see some awesome examples of Umbridge-chic. All you had to do was ask!
Although I'm in favor of using Umbridge as an insult the way we used to use granny, I'm definitely not insulting any of these spaces. They all feature elements Dolores would love - delicate china, damask, ornate furniture, antique accessories, plenty of pink, and doilies galore - used in modern, non-fussy ways.
PINK & MAUVE
- The scariest character in all of Potterdom
- A Look Inside the Home of Lighting Designer Marjorie Skouras
- Gidget's Fuschia, Black & Blue
- Maria's Glamorous Fashion-Inspired Flat
- Jamison, Alec & Zion's "Elegant Circus" Home- run, puppy, run!
- Jo's "Doily Delight" Room
- El Blog de DMC
- Kate's Wonderfully Small Amsterdam Space
- Masha & Colin's Worldly Abode
- Elizabeth's Colorful and Adventurous House- doilies, pink, and dolls hung from the ceiling!!!
TEACUPS & PLATE WALLS
- Marie Claire Idées
- Heart Home
- LonAnne's Vintage and Modern Texas Charmer
- Justine & Angus Cook Up Some Style In Toronto
- Patricia's Whimsical Cottage- plates, pink, and the heads of former students!