I love buying beautiful craft supplies and have built up quite a collection...that sits there. Washi tape (which we earlier dubbed the "it girl" of the craft world) comes in fun colors and designs and has simple, everyday uses like wrapping up a gift or can be used on longer lasting decor projects. Here are four inspiring ideas from our archives and a new one we just ran across:
1. Washi Tape Magnets: We spotted this project by Twirling Betty on Craftzine. We love that it repurposes those business magnets that keep arriving in the mail unprompted and turns them into something useful and cute. Read Twirling Betty's post for her quick how-to and to see examples of the different magnets she's made.
2. Washi Tape Mural: This mural by Nina in the Netherlands in her daughter's room is ambitious, but also temporary and easy to change or fix.
3. Washi-Covered Letters: You see those cheap wooden letters every time you go to the craft store and are tempted to buy them but afraid you'll be let down by your artistry (or lack thereof). Take a cue from Patty of Tinted Mint and cover them with washi tape; very hard to mess up and easy to change if you change your mind.
4. Washi-Covered Table & Chairs: When we first spotted Belinda of The Happy Home's transformation of this table and chair set we thought it was beautiful and probably difficult. Turns out we couldn't have been more wrong. She achieved this look quite easily with a mix of washi tape.
5. Washi-Covered Book Shelves: We all love these inexpensive spice rack holders used as book shelves for kids. But we love them even more when they are simply, but beautifully covered with washi tape.