Summer months are the perfect time to do work on your home, but when the opportunity calls, there is nothing like a getaway to rejuvenate and refresh. Even if a trip is only for a long weekend, these tips will help make the packing process stress free and keep the trip as smooth as possible (remembering of course that sometimes that the most lasting of memories can occur when things don't go exactly as planned!).
When visiting a city, if you forget your toothbrush or your umbrella, there is always a store just around the corner. From my experience, the only things that are crucial to remember are medications, extra contact lenses (if you wear them), and your cell phone and a charger. That being said, packing these items will help make your trip easier, more comfortable and a bit more stylish. And remember to keep your eye open for design — inspiration can strike anywhere.
1. Tam Dao Travel Spray, Barneys
2. Heavy Camera Sling Strap in Coyote, DSPTCH
3. Duffle in Olive, Need Supply
4. Timex 'EZ Read' Leather Strap Watch, Nordstrom
5. Set of three large zipper bags, Baggu
6. Personalized Hand Stitched Leather Double Sided Luggage Tag, Harlex on Etsy
7. Blue Stripe Sleep Eye Mask, Otis Batterbee
8. Triangle Tote Bag, Bookhou At Home on Etsy
MORE PACKING TIPS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Secret to Successfully Packing Light: Pick a Palette
• Well Designed Travel: How to Pack Lightly
• Tips: Making a Packing List
• The Top 10 Things To Carry With You When You Fly
(Images: as linked above)