Because travel packing tips depend entirely on destination, it felt appropriate, at very least, to create a separate list of tips for city bound travelers versus country side explorers. As anyone who has seen Moonrise Kingdom can tell you, it may be adorable to pack for a trip outdoors with a suitcase full of books, a record player and a kitten in a basket, but it is not necessarily practical. Raccoon skin hats and merit badges aside, here are some basic things to bring on your next rustic escape.
Naturally, this list couldn't possibly be all inclusive, but these items would come in handy in the outdoors and still be great to have once the trip is over.
1. Olympus Waterproof Digital Camera, Amazon
2. Collapsible Sky Umbrella, MOMA Design Store
3. Vintage Phinney-Walker Travel Alarm Clock, Callooh Callay on Etsy
4. Commercial Type III 550 Parachute Cord Key Chain, DSPTCH
5. Cross Blanket, Piawallen
6. Bicycle Bag (Convertible as a Backpack), Pigeonco
7. Colette Voila! Lighter, Opening Ceremony
8. Swiss Army Knife in Mint Green, Swiss Army
MORE PACKING TIPS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Secret to Successfully Packing Light: Pick a Palette
• Well Designed Travel: How to Pack Lightly
• Tips: Making a Packing List
• The Top 10 Things To Carry With You When You Fly
(Images: as linked above)