It's almost summertime, and the season's catalogs are no doubt flooding your mailbox. Chances are also very good that each contains at least one product involving rope — a summer go-to that signals warm weather, hanging out on the beach, and relaxed outdoor living. It's also a readily available, affordable and durable material, which makes it perfect for projects to create at home.
Here are ten rope decor DIYs for the season.
1. Sarah Dorsey transformed a plain old ceiling light into something bright and textural.
2. Hand drawn illustrations will guide you through the process of making these sweet vases over at Style Me Pretty.
3. I Heart Organizing created this rope basket as extra storage next to her bed.
4.. A nautical bathroom got a mirror to complete its look, from Christina at Floriday's Mom.
5. This rug DIY comes courtesy of WhollyKao, and it's a good one.
6. Everyone needs a rope swing. A Beautiful Mess shows you how to make one.
7. I really like this ottoman made from an old tire, from Minha Casa.
8. A simple chic planter from Rice Design Blog.
9. Design Sponge featured this project a couple of years ago, and it's still great.
10. Perhaps technically not rope, but a cool project nonetheless, from 101 Woonideen.
(Images: as linked above)