It's late August, which means thousands of college kids have been scouring Ikea, Target and the usual suspects for their dorm rooms. We like the affordable options that these stores offer, but we also think it doesn't hurt to invest in one or two pieces that can make the transition from dorm life to your first apartment...
Sure, $150 is a lot of money when you're living on Ramen noodles, but your dorm room is also the place where you begin living on your own (sort of). Here are our picks for high-style dorm accessories that will last.
Left to Right and Top to Bottom:
- Offi Molded Plywood Magazine Stand - $89 at Unica Home
- 2-Unit Componibili - $105 at Haus Modern Living
- Stelton Vaccum Jug - $79.50 at Arbitare
- Magnetic Strip Bulletin Board - $12 per strip at Velocity Art & Design
- Skateboard Table/Bench - $130 at Skurniture
- Russell and Hazel Pattern Binders - $24 each at Velocity Art & Design
- Bento Box - $34 at Plastica
- Blu Dot 3-D Letter Holder - $25 at Design Public
- Offi Overlap Tray - $149 at Unica Home
(Re-edited from 2007.8.20 - CB)