It's back to school time again, and for those of you who are going off to college for the first time, that means decorating your first college dorm room (or apartment). Creating a stylish space on a budget can be a real challenge, and that's where Apartment Therapy's Dorm Style comes in. We've created a series of inspiration boards to show how you can put together budget buys (and flea market finds and DIYs) to create serious style on a small budget.
First up: a modern bedroom, inspired by Scandinavian interiors, punched up with geometric shapes and softened with pastel shades.
Pictured above, clockwise from top left:
1. 16" x 16" cross print throw pillow from Society6, $27
2. Chalkboard house clock from West Elm, $39.99. You can draw on it!
3. Secret Garden print, $9.99 from Land of Nod
4. Hot Stripe bed blanket in Twin XL, $89 from Urban Outfitters
5. Colorflash 3 rug, $28 from Society6.
6. ROXÖ stool in white, $12.99 from IKEA. Use as a nightstand, or for extra seating or storage.
7. RANARP wall/clamp spotlight, $19.99 from IKEA