August on Apartment Therapy is all about Setting Up a New Home, and this one goes out to all those college students setting up a new home for the first time. Your dorm room is your first real chance to flex your interior design muscles, so why not let a little individual style shine through?
Here are some (budget-minded!) suggestions for a look that's quirky and warm, with lots of vintage touches. Shown above, clockwise from top left:
- Moose Alley Wall Hook, $25.99 from Amazon
- Aluminum clamp spotlight, $9.99 from Ikea
- Vintage green enamel alarm clock, $18 from Callaloo Soup Vintage on Etsy. Similar items can be found here.
- 'The Beauty' art print by Zach Terell, $21 for a 13" by 16" print from Society6. (Sold out; find a similar item here.)
- Between the Lines duvet cover, $79 for a TwinXL from Urban Outfitters.
- Raccoon throw pillow, $29 from Land of Nod.
- Rainbow stripe plaid rug, $19.99 from Urban Outfitters. (sold out; for similar items, try here or here)
- Vintage wood magazine rack, $45 from Hindsvik on Etsy. Find lots of similar items here.
(Images: as linked above)
Re-edited from a post originally published 8.8.12 - NM