When two people live together in an apartment, a double desk is one way to maximize your home office. Rather than have two separate work areas, which would eat up more space, a double desk consolidates everything into one long surface...The examples above show double desks made from dining tables, two smaller identical desks pushed together, or even a narrow ledge along a window. Consistency is the key to a streamlined look. Use matching or similar chairs, and coordinate your color palette for a thoughtful, considered aesthetic.
• 1 Tia and Mikko's Masterplan
• 2 Avallant's Classic Elements
• 3 Jessica and Alex's Simple Modern on a Budget
• 4 John and Liezel's New Bloomsbury Home
• 5 Emily and Craig's Logan Square Rehab
Photos: Tia and Mikko, Avallant, Evan Thomas, Liezel Strauss, Evan Thomas