Your iPhone case has a built-in kickstand? Bo-ring. Even wallet cases are a dime a dozen these days. If you're a serious multi-tasker, perhaps you'd like a multifunction case for your phone – one that really pulls its weight and does double duty as, well, something else.
For instance, maybe you'd like your phone's case to help you with home design or improvement projects. Imagine if, instead of scrounging around your house for a tape measure the moment that you need it, it was already in your pocket, built right into your iPhone case. This tape measure iPhone case isn't real--its just a concept design branded with hardware company Dewalt's colors and logo. But the rest of these are very real, and depending your lifestyle, rather useful, too.
1. Psychics Factory's iPhone case with a built-in tape measure, but unfortunately only a concept at this time.
2. Shipping in April, TaskLab's TaskOne's iPhone 5 case features 22 steel tools including a wire stripper, wire cutter, and pliers.
3. Yellow Jacket's $139.99 case is a fully-functioning stun gun, and flows 650K volts of electricity from its electrodes to "an assailant" upon contact.
4. ReadyCase is currently accepting pre-orders for its case, which features a USB stick, headphone clip, a multitool and a three-lens camera kit
5. A smooth sliding and locking mechanism ensures that the stainless steel bottle opener built in the Opena case provides you with an accessible beverage at all times.
1. The $89 aluminum Knucklecase bills itself as protection for your phone (you're less likely to drop it), but its other function is to make you look glamorous and intimidating. Pow!
2. Though it isn't made by the Etch-A-Sketch brand, the iFoolish case operates the same way as the classic toy. This is one entertaining case.
3. "Phone Is Where The Heart Is?" That's our suggestion for what to weave into Leese Design's Cross-Stitch DIY case--get creative with the blank canvas, or follow one of the instruction sets.
4. The MiniSuit Feed Me case holds your earbuds in its goofy mouth.
5. Plenty of cases feature built-in battery packs that charge the iPhone, but you need to remember to charge them up or bring a cable. JuiceTank is the only one we've seen with an actual plug. Emergency power for the absent-minded.
(Images: as linked above)