In a tiny space double-duty furniture is not only very convenient, but also a necessity. In the past few years designers have been creating some incredible and innovative designs, but multi-purpose furniture is not a new concept by any means. In fact my favorite piece in this selection is the Franklin chair, a chair that folds into a stepladder, which was designed by one of America’s Founding Fathers, Ben Franklin. Including the Franklin chair, here are my selections for a modern minimalist small-space dream home.
Shown above the jump, from left to right:
- Tagei Convertible Coffee Table by Akemi Tanaka
- Doc XL, a great small space sofa that converts into an equally small bunk bed.
- The Franklin Chair converts into a step-ladder.
- Flexy from Calligaris is an adjustable height table: coffee table by day, dining table by night.
- Bookseat from Fishbol
- Read & Roll by Direnc Demirbas which is really more of a fixture, but still a stylish double-duty item.
Check out these posts on Re-Nest and Apartment Therapy for more:
• The Bookinist: A Pushcart, Chair, Desk and Library in One!
• The Doc XL: Sofa & Bunkbed In One
• Multi-Purpose Furniture from Tomita Designs
• Smart Design: 3-in-One Planter, Stool and Table by Phase