Living in a small space isn't all about paring down your stuff; it's also about getting creative with the things you already own, and a great way to accomplish this is with multi-functional pieces. Last week we showed you some cool double-duty furniture pieces, and as small spaces month comes to a close, we've found even more.
Shown above the jump, from left to right:
- madame est servie by Alissa Logerot: A cheval mirror which can be an ironing board when it's tilted and locked in the horizontal position.
- The Bookinist by Nils Holger Moormann: Love the humor and portability of this one — designed on the principle of a pushcart, it functions as a chair, desk, bookcase, lamp and storage.
- TV-Office Wall Unit by Gruber Schlager: This super modern piece of furniture is a partition, office nook, and entertainment center all-in-one. It even swivels around its base to conceal one side, or to adjust when needed.
- chopsticks plus one by Alissa Logerot: Sort of like the spork for Asian food, the design is a hybrid of chopsticks and spoon, that can be used together or separately.
- The DoubleSpace Kitchenette by Vestal Design: Not a combination we think could be possible, but Vestal has design a roomy armchair than can be flipped over and used as a countertop and functional cooktop.
- XY by Alissa Logerot: A chair that quickly converts into a side table.
- Flat Pack Emergency Stool by d.e. Sellers: The Emergency Stool is a laser-cut piece of Baltic Birch plywood that can be displayed flat as a piece of art on the wall, but is ready to be put into action for emergency sitting by simply breaking the panel into its individual parts.
- Mogga by Ólafur Ómarsson: Inspired by the design of a bread box, this is another chair/table hybrid — the seat easily slides via a track to transform into a table.
- Dining Table in a Cube by Cube Style: The name says it all, and the Japanese know compact living quite well — expand the cube for a whole dining room set.
- Distendido by Guillem Ferran: This doesn't even transform, but just by a simple turn this chair can be used as a laundry rack.
Don't forget to check out Part One: Double-Duty Furniture