If you live in an apartment or small home with a spare room, chances are you want to make the most of that extra space. Guest rooms are great if you love to entertain, but you don't have to stop there. Make it work a little harder by incorporating a home office, nursery, reading nook, or home theater...
- 1 In Layla and Kevin's home, a daybed allows their small guest room to function as a reading nook.
- 2 Heather Armstrong's spare room is half grown-up guest room, half nursery.
- 3 A sofa bed makes this living room from Sunset into a laid-back space for guests.
- 4 Metropolitan Home's 2009 Met Home of the Year includes a guest room that doubles as a home theater.
- 5 A yellow guest room from MS Living hides an alcove home office behind long curtains.