- 1 In Layla and Kevin's home, a daybed allows their small guest room to function as a reading nook.
- 2 Heather Armstrong's spare room is half grown-up guest room, half nursery.
- 3 A sofa bed makes this living room from Sunset into a laid-back space for guests.
- 4 Metropolitan Home's 2009 Met Home of the Year includes a guest room that doubles as a home theater.
- 5 A yellow guest room from MS Living hides an alcove home office behind long curtains.
Photos: Layla Palmer, Heather Armstrong / Dooce, E. Spencer Toy / Sunset, Jason Predock / Metropolitan Home, MS Living via Little Green Notebook