At Maison & Objet, one of the most interesting shows-within-a-show was "Editeurs", exhibiting the best of fabrics and wallpaper - everything to do with pattern. While you would think of florals as a classic through and through, the ones I noticed are yet another new reinvention of the past; over the top, decadent, often dark and very dramatic. Check out this selection for a taste of this European trend...
It's like a peek back in time, through absinthe fueled eyes...intense, dense, scaled up and dark around the edges. Clearly these are not sugary sweet florals or anything remotely demure. What do you think of this design direction?
Shown above, top row, left to right:
1. Wallpaper by Designers Guild
2. Wallpaper by Janelli & Volpi
3. Wallpaper by Janelli & Volpi
4. Wallpaper by Designers Guild
5. Wallpaper by Designers Guild
Bottom row, left to right:
6. Sofa with Floral Upholstery by JNL Collection
7. Pillows by ChaCha by Iris
8. Vases by Pols Potten
9. Fabric (shown as wallcovering) by Dedar
10. Fabric by Decobel