If you haven't spent time exploring the web site of French designers Tsé & Tsé, consider this your warning: it's addictive. The experience feels like wandering through a charming art studio and garden with endless hidden nooks and crannies, each of which contains another secret switch to pull or curtain to peek behind. Sprinkled throughout are beautifully styled photos of the designs produced by the team of Catherine Lévy and Sigolène Prébois. Recently they've opened an online boutique to showcase their wares, many of which inspire fantasies of garden parties and magical spring evenings. Here's what we would choose
for a dream dinner party from the Tsé & Tsé collection...
• 1 Seven Days and Seven Nights Vases. The shapes of these handblown vases are meant to reflect the stages of a flower's life, "from fat little bud to long slender flask." 155 Euro per set.
• 2 Cubist Garland. This string of lights in paper cubes also comes in white. 155 Euro for a string of 30 lights.
• 3 Indian File Garland. A string of 30 lights encased in little organdy bags, available in many lovely colors. 75 Euro per strand.
• 4 Night Igloo. This glowing porcelain candle igloo is available in a matte or glazed finish, with these grooves or riddled with tiny craters. 43 Euro.
• 5 Thirsty Stemmed Glasses. Gleaming white porcelain goblets. For something a little flashier, you can go for a gold or platinum finish inside or out. 40 Euro for a box of 2.
• 6 Hungry Gold Bowls. 110 Euro for a box of 2.
• 7 Milky Carafe. The opalescence of this glass would be so beautiful in candlelight. 65 Euro.
• 8 Windfall Hanging Vase. We love the egg-like shape of this vase, and the holes in the sides are designed for draping vines that can hang down over your party. 175 Euro.
By all means, go and see the full online collection at the Bazar Tsé & Tsé, or if you want to peruse the designers' inspiring site, click here.