I was happy to see Sarah Richardson's recent article in the Globe and Mail, about turning your bathroom into a personal spa. She discusses renovations and design elements that would significantly change a bathroom. Among her suggestions for a renovation: a free-standing bathtub, classic white ceramic subway tile with accents and a personalized vanity.
Since this type of serious bathroom renovation is not an option for renters or those of us who don't want the mess, expense and hassle, I've come up with a list of smaller ways to make any bath more spa-like.
• have a nice selection of candles, bath salts and soaps
• add lighting, especially around the mirror for makeup application
• add a plant or flowers
• use a bathtub shelf to hold candles, reading material (if you like reading in the tub) and bath salts
• see more ideas from 11 Luxurious Touches to Add to Your Rental Bathroom
MORE SPA-LIKE BATHROOMS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• 5 Qualities of Luxurious Bathrooms: Create One at Home
• 10 Luxurious Soaking Tubs
(Image: Rachael Grad/Mazen's Tailored Toronto Townhouse)