I have a confession: out of all the things I have a tendency to over buy, tools are right up there with kitchen towels for me. Walking around a hardware store is an exercise in self control as every drill, screwdriver, and wrench seems to call my name. While I do own many tools thanks to this predilection for acquiring them, the one I return to time after time is my Dremel.
Why do I love my Dremel 300? Here's why:
- Its small footprint is perfect when your home is under 800 square feet and space is at a premium.
- The various attachments make it super versatile.
- The tiny sanding head is awesome for so many DIY projects.
- It's easy to hold and not too heavy and bulky.
- Tough and durable, it's one of the few power tools I've never had an issue with.
I have used my Dremel for repairs around the apartment, building furniture, creating jewelry, cleaning a keyboard, and some electronics hardware hacking. I'm not kidding when I say it's versatile!
Do you have a power tool that you love and is your constant DIY companion?
(Image credits: Joelle Alcaidinho)