We wrote about Taking Art Classes in DC and got some wonderful reader suggestions for art schools. Now we've rounded up drop-in sketch sessions, short classes, and workshops. These options are a great way to try out a new school and get a quick creativity burst. Do you have any sketch group or art workshop suggestions? See our list of local options below the jump...
Drop-In Figure Drawing:
- The Washington Studio School in Dupont Circle has Open Figure Drawing on Mondays from 7 pm to 10 pm ($18). 2129 S Street, NW, Washington, DC 20008. 202.234.3030
- The Dupont Drawing Group meets on Tuesdays from 7 pm to 9 pm ($5). 2201 P Street NW at the Church of the Pilgrims on the third floor in a private painting studio.
- The Art League School has figure drawing sessions and a wide range of art classes. 105 North Union Street, Alexandria, Virginia, 22314. 703.683.2323.
- The Arlington Arts Center offers figure drawing, art classes and workshops. 3550 Wilson Boulevard Arlington, VA 22201. 703.248.6800
- Click here for a list of more open figure drawing sessions provided by the Figure Models Guild
- The Washington Glass School offers different length classes, including one-day "Recycle Your Glass" Workshops. 3700 Otis Street, Mt. Rainier, MD 20712. 202.744.8222
- On the second Saturday of every month DC Threads Sewing Lounge hosts sessions where anyone can "share sewing tips, learn new techniques, and even work on projects together with sewing machines available on site." North Michigan Recreation Center, 1333 Emerson St., NE, Washington, DC 20017. 202.541.3522
- The Corcoran College of Art and Design offers short art courses throughout the year
Do you know of drop-in art classes or workshops in the DC-area? Tell us what we've missed!
Image: from the studio where I (AT blogger Rachael) drew yesterday!