While you prep your space for our new My Bedroom Retreat contest, here are some clever and colorful DIY projects by way of the Netherlands to freshen up your boudoir.
Dutch magazine 101 Woonideeen is bursting with inspiring photos and projects. Though the Google translation is choppy, these fresh and fun bedroom solutions on a budget are worth a try:
1. Using wallpaper scraps on hexagonal pieces of MDF, this headboard is bright and easy to change up with new colors and patterns.
2. A plain, white MALM gets a graphic upgrade with adhesive squares cut diagonally.
3. A "why didn't I think of that?" moment: transforming an easel into a makeup table!
4. Take Grandma's hand-me-downs or mismatched flea market china and turn them into mirrors.
MORE BEDROOM DIYS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:• 10 DIY Headboard Ideas
• 50+ DIY Project Ideas for the Bedroom
• Homemade Home: Great DIY Projects for Bedrooms from Our Tours
(Images: as linked above)